An unforgettable trekking along the route of the Elba Great Crossing GTE.
From the Mediterranean scrub and the cliffs overlooking the sea to the top of the highest mountain. Nature, history and local flavors.
All the details below!
Thursday 14 May 2020:
Our meeting point will be at the harbour in Portoferraio (Elba Island), transport to the hotel in Marina di Campo. Possibility to spend a relaxing afternoon or go for a walk near Marina di Campo.
LENGTH: about 6Km
TIME: 3 Hours
Friday 15 May 2020:
The east ridge of the island. The origins of Elba, among ferrous rocks, minerals and panoramic ridges. A ride that from Monte Grosso will take us to Porto Azzurro.
LENGTH: about 14Km
ELEVATION GAIN: +800m
TIME: 7 Hours
Saturday 16 May 2020:
Climb to Monte Capanne the highest peak of the island. The hike will take us from the mediterranean style vegetation and the holm oak forest to the stony top of the island at an altitude of 1019m. From here you can enjoy the panorama of the islands of the Tuscan archipelago. We will descent to the other side of the island by cable car or hiking and from the village of Marciana we are going to get back to Marina di Campo by bus.
LENGTH: about 8Km
ELEVATION GAIN: + 850m
TIME: 5 Hours
If you decide to hike down to Marciana you have to consider to add 4Km and -600m in altitude, or go down by cable car.
Sunday 17 May 2020:
Transport to Portoferraio and visit of the historical center and the fortified fortress before returning to the main land by ship.
- Comfortable clothes suitable for a morning walk: a shirt or dry change t-shirt, comfortable trekking shoes and with a vibram or similar sole for walking in the mountains, long or short pants, depending on the current temperatures.
- Hiking poles, if you are used to using them and you benefit from them
- Windproof or waterproof garment, in case of rain
- Sunglasses, hat or similar and sunscreen
Piazza Virgilio, 47
57037 Portoferraio LI
320€ - Adults
- 3 nights in a 4-star hotel with half board (drinks not included)
- Ferry ticket to and from Piombino
- Transportation to and from Portoferraio
- Transportation for trekking days
- Nature Interpretive Guide
FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Return trip from the meeting point,
- Packed lunch on trekking days
- Anything not mentioned under "The fee includes".
In collaboration with: MargheritaViaggi MargheritaViaggi
INFO & INSCRIPTION:
Inscription mandatory before 27/04/2020
(fino ad esaurimento posti)